Tour the farms • Taste the harvest
October 11, 18, 25 & November 1
- The time is ripe: Watch our friends at Kauffman’s Fruit Farm & Market make apple butter and cider – then savor samples and shop for goodies to take home.
- Goat cheese, please: Amish farmer Amos Miller at Misty Creek Goat Dairy will demonstrate how to make goat cheese – and share samples. You can shop for goat’s milk soaps and lotions, too.
- Lancaster county camels: At Miller’s Organic Farm, Sam Miller will show us his camels and talk about the potential health benefits of camel milk, which is naturally homogenized and easily digestible.
- Local luncheon: Enjoy locally grown foods at the Village Inn & Suites.
- Free-range food: At Oasis of Bird-in-Hand, a Real Live Food cooperative of Amish Farmers, learn about the benefits of milk from grass-fed cows and taste the difference.
- Tea time: Tour the Menno Tea mint fields, with six varieties of fragrant mint, and learn the secrets of their popular brew.
- From patch to pie: See how Bird-in-Hand Bakery & Cafe makes our famous pies with home-grown pumpkins – and taste the results. You can even try our handcrafted pumpkin ice cream with pieces of homemade pie crust.
The Harvest Tour package includes a two-night stay for two in a standard room or junior suite at the Village Inn & Suites, daily deluxe continental breakfasts for two at the Inn or a voucher for the Bird-in-Hand Bakery & Cafe, dinner for two at the Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord, plus a market basket filled with local foods. We’ll be doing some walking, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
Packages start at $499 plus tax. Extend your stay for only $99 per night, plus tax.
Space is limited, so reserve early! Call (800) 914-2473 to reserve your stay.
Requires $200 deposit to reserve your tour (refundable up to four weeks prior to event). Includes two night stay in a standard room or junior suite (double occupancy, based on availability; ask about upgrades to a larger suite), the farm tour, luncheon, a welcome market basket, daily deluxe continental breakfasts for two and a dinner for two at the Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord. Taxes not included.