Create a Memorable Guest Experience
It takes a great team to create a memorable Guest experience. If serving others brings you joy, we invite you to become a part of the Bird-in-Hand family. Our team has more than 350 members who are committed to putting our Guests’ needs first. Together, our team members create a friendly, helpful and safe environment, stressing positive interactions with teammates, vendors and, above all, our Guests.
We offer our team members a variety of benefits, including:
- Health insurance for those who work the required hours per week*
- Short-term disability to protect income during illness or injury
- Paid vacation after one year of continuous service
- Leave of absence at the manager’s discretion
- Paid funeral leave of one to three days at the manager’s discretion
- Retirement plan incentive after one year of continuous service, age 21 and up
- Staff discount cards for discounts at the Bird-in-Hand family of companies
- Staff activities including Staff Appreciation Week and other company events
- Education and training, including half-day orientation and on-the-job training, plus potential eligibility for full or partial reimbursement of further training/education, if interested
- Advancement opportunities through internal postings before job opportunities are advertised to the public
- Potential $400 reward for referring family or friends for job openings at any of the Bird-in-Hand family of companies.
* UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Bird-in-Hand Corporation. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click here.
JOB OPENINGS-Apply Below
BIRD-IN-HAND BAKERY & CAFE
AM Scratch Baker – FT or PT
At least 1 year of food service production is preferred. Most shifts start between 3 am and 7 am. We make nearly all of our products from scratch and we are looking for someone who enjoys the baking process from start to finish. We are known for our pies, breads, donuts and cakes. We even make our own ice cream! We would like our AM scratch baker to eventually be trained in all areas of production so if you like to learn this is the job for you. A positive attitude is a must.
Bakery Production Manager – FT
Provide effective and authentic leadership to all aspects of our bakery production department. We are a high-volume scratch bakery servicing retail locations and wholesale accounts.
• Work alongside production staff while providing leadership and training
• Become fully versatile and trained with the production of all of our products
• Responsible for quality control, product consistency and ensuring established recipes are followed
• Scheduling, purchasing, training and development of new products
• Assist with labor cost control and budgeting
• Must be available for shifts starting as early as 2 am
• Positive attitude and effective culture and team building are a must.
• Minimum of 5 years of extensive baking experience and at least 3 years of department leadership.
• Preferred experience in scratch baking with breads, pies, cakes, donuts and pastries
Human Resource Manager – FT
Provide leadership to and direct all human resource and people development functions for the company. Provide strategic vision and direction for recruiting and hiring processes, corporate and operations level training, procedure manuals, benefits communications, managing workplace safety and aligning the work of staff with our brand promise of “Creating Memorable Moments”. Provide support to ownership and the senior leadership team. Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field and a minimum of five years of HR experience required. For more information, click here.
BIRD-IN-HAND FAMILY INN
Responsible for answering phones and taking reservations for Bird-in-Hand properties and Stage. Guest service and/or computerand keyboard experience are preferred.
Front Desk Agent – PT/FT
Responsible for checking guests in and out of their rooms, answering any questions guests have, making recommendations for activities and restaurants, answering the phone and directing calls to the right department, taking reservations, maintainingthe record of guests that have checked in and out, maintaining the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area and keeping it organized.
Housekeeper – PT/FT
The job entails cleaning and stocking Guest rooms to ensure the Family Inn’s high standards of cleanliness. You may be asked to clean common areas or assist Housekeeping Supervisor as needed.
Houseperson – PT/FT
Laundry Attendant – PT
PT, some Saturday shifts required
Pool Attendant – PT
The Pool Attendant is responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of safety, cleanliness, and hospitality in our hotel pool areas and common areas. Able to sweep, mop, fold towels, and interact positively with guests and team members. Able to work until 10 pm weeknights and weekends. Some holidays. Nights and weekends a must.
BIRD-IN-HAND FAMILY RESTAURANT & SMORGASBORD
Host/Hostess – FT & PT
To greet our Guests with a smile, escort them to an appropriate seat, and assist them in any way that will enhance their dining experience. Handle all cashiering procedures at the end of their service. No Sundays. Part-time or Full-time, AM or PM.
Kitchen Manager– FT
The kitchen manager will provide leadership and training for all back of house operations to include: kitchen, buffet, short order, banquet prep and banquet kitchen in a manner consistent with the standards and guidelines established. The kitchen manager will maintain all standard operating procedures throughout the Restaurant. This person will also oversee production and quality of food for menu dining, smorgasbord and banquets and spend time working with and assisting staff in all positions. The kitchen manager will create a positive culture with the staff consistent with the mission and foundational values of the Owners.
Short Order Cook– PT
Preparing and plating orders following quality, portion and appearance standards. Morning, mid-day and evening shifts available Tuesday – Saturday. At least 1 year of short order experience preferred.
BIRD-IN-HAND VILLAGE INN & SUITES
Front Desk Innkeeper – PT/FT
FT and PT, flexible schedule, includes evenings, weekends and holidays
The front desk innkeeper is responsible for greeting guests, checking guests in and out of their rooms, answering any questions about Bird-in-Hand, the Village Inn property or the area, making recommendations for activities and restaurants, answering the phone, taking reservations, maintaining the cleanliness of the front desk area and the property and assisting with laundry.
Housekeeper – FT
Housekeeper wanted for daytime hours. This job entails cleaning and stocking guest rooms to ensure the Village Inn’s standards of cleanliness. You may be asked to clean common areas as well. This position is for 4-5 shifts per week and does include Saturday’s and Sunday’s.
TRAVELERS REST MOTEL
Front Office Supervisor
Provide guidance, training and leadership to guest service staff to ensure quality of work, superior service level, and accuracy of information input into our systems. Work together with Property Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor to lead staff to serve our Guests. Two years of hospitality experience. Always maintain a professional appearance and manner. Strong work ethic and willingness to serve others. Self-motivated and willing to help lead others.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER