Create a Memorable Customer Experience
It takes a great team to create a memorable Guest experience. If serving others brings you joy, we invite you to become a part of the Bird-in-Hand family. Our team has more than 350 members who are committed to putting our Guests’ needs first. Together, our team members create a friendly, helpful and safe environment, stressing positive interactions with teammates, vendors and, above all, our Guests.
We offer our team members a variety of benefits, including:
- Health insurance for those who work the required hours per week
- Short-term disability to protect income during illness or injury
- Paid vacation after one year of continuous service
- Leave of absence at the manager’s discretion
- Paid funeral leave of one to three days at the manager’s discretion
- Retirement plan incentive after one year of continuous service, age 21 and up
- Staff discount cards for discounts at the Bird-in-Hand family of companies
- Staff activities including Staff Appreciation Week and other company events
- Education and training, including half-day orientation and on-the-job training, plus potential eligibility for full or partial reimbursement of further training/education, if interested
- Advancement opportunities through internal postings before job opportunities are advertised to the public
- Potential $200 reward for referring family or friends for job openings at any of the Bird-in-Hand family of companies.
JOB OPENINGS-Apply Below
BIRD-IN-HAND FAMILY BAKERY & CAFE
Bakery Production Manager – FT
The Bakery Productions Manager is responsible for bakery production and staff. Create a positive culture that is consistent with the fundamental values and mission of the company. Create management practices that continually develop higher levels of brand reputation for the business in the areas of service, product quality and development.
Donut Finisher – PT
The Donut Finisher is responsible for filling and icing a variety of donuts and preparing them for distribution. Every Thursday plus one other day Monday – Friday 2pm – 7pm. Experience or a food service background helpful.
BIRD-IN-HAND FAMILY RESTAURANT & SMORGASBORD
Buffet Attendant – FT & PT
The buffet attendant will provide and maintain an attractive display of fresh quality foods to our Guests. Always greet our Guests with a smile, willing to help out with any needs they may have. This position is Full-time or Part-time. Flexible start times to 9:00 pm. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Bus Person – PT, AM or PM
To clear and reset tables in our dining room. Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the dining room.
Dishwasher – FT & PT
No Experience required – flexible schedule -. Must work 2-3 weekends per month. Closed Sunday.
Host/Hostess – FT & PT
To greet our Guests with a smile, escort them to an appropriate seat, and assist them in any way that will enhance their dining experience. Handle all cashiering procedures at the end of their service. No Sundays. 18 years of age and older Part-time or Full-time, AM or PM.
Line Cook – FT & PT
Responsible for the production, food quality, appropriate portion, and appearance of all food being served from the Short Order area. Full time or Part time.
Prep Cook – FT & PT
Responsible for following the recipes for the production and quality of all of the foods served here at the Family Restaurant. Full-time and Part-Time.
Server – FT & PT AM or PM
Server must be knowledgeable of all foods served on both menu and smorgasbord. Takes the order from the Guest, always looking to suggest items that will serve to enhance their dining experience. Provides excellent service and quality food to every Guest. Part-time and Full-time AM or PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER