- By Terry
- | October 3, 2019
Clean, Quiet Camping in Lancaster County, PA
Please fill out our reservation request and we will contact you to confirm:
A Lancaster, PA Campground and RV Park That’s Clean and Close to Everything
Country Acres Campground is perfect for travelers who want to experience the beautiful Lancaster County countryside, while being close to many local attractions. Our family-friendly, pet-friendly property gives you plenty of space to pitch your tent or pop-up, park your camper or RV (even your big rig) or stay in a cozy log cabin. Located off Route 30, we’re close to popular area attractions like Dutch Wonderland, Sight & Sound Theatres, outlet shopping and Lancaster smorgasbords. Our Guests receive a free, guided tour of Amish Country (Monday-Saturday) that’s exclusive to Guests of our lodging properties. Enjoy the many on-site amenities we offer, including a refreshing outdoor pool, playground, dog run and other recreational facilities. From generous campsites and cozy cabins on our 18-acre grounds, to our exceptionally clean bathhouses and other conveniences, to friendly, helpful staff and fellow campers, your whole family will enjoy your Lancaster experience. As a part of the Bird-in-Hand Family of Properties, our staff carries out our deep-rooted tradition of hospitality and excellent Guest service to make your stay memorable.
- Shaded and open RV sites
- Spacious sites for big rigs, including some pull-through sites
- Separate primitive tenting and pop-up camping area
- Cozy log cabins (Pets are not permitted on cabin sites)
- Pool (outdoor) with beach-style access
- Cable TV hook-ups in many sites
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the campground
- Full-hookup sites available; 50-amp and 30-amp electrical options
- Playground and recreational field
- Pickleball court and basketball court
- Picnic tables and benches throughout the campground
- Clean bathhouses with hot showers
- 24/7 laundry; 3 coin-operated laundries
- Camp store with camping supplies, essentials, and keepsakes
- Fenced-in dog run where your dogs can be off the leash and enjoy the great outdoors
- Free scenic two-hour tour of Amish farmlands (exclusively for our lodging guests) Monday – Saturday – Bus boards off site
- Discounted tickets to Bird-in-Hand Stage shows
- If you’re in the area and need camping supplies, visit Leacock Coleman Center.
Packages & Special ExperiencesAll Packages and Specials
Special EventsSpecial Events
“It was 2000 or 2001 and we were new to RVing. We had been to a couple of campgrounds that we weren’t happy with, then we found Country Acres. We were immediately taken with how well the place was run and how friendly the staff was. We just liked it so much. When they did the addition for the big rigs, we said, This is like home for us.”
— Linda & Bob Castner, New Ringgold, PA
Experience the Peaceful Countryside
Feel the breeze on your face and the sun on your skin as you pull into your spacious campsite at Country Acres Campground. Surrounded by farmlands, our wide-open, grassy sites give you plenty of room to pitch your tent or park your rig and spread out to enjoy the beauty of the countryside.
If you’re looking for campgrounds in Lancaster, PA, our kid-friendly, pet-friendly campground is the perfect choice – whether you want to explore regional attractions or just kick back and enjoy the outdoors.Welcome from Kathy, our Property Manager »
With more than 18 acres, we’re large enough to offer generous sites for big rigs, but small enough to get to know you. Our friendly staff is committed to helping make your stay memorable. As our Guest, you can enjoy a complimentary bus tour along the back roads of Amish country that’s exclusive to our lodging Guests.
Our location just off Route 30 gives you easy access to outlet shopping, dining, entertainment, Dutch Wonderland, Sight & Sound Theatre, and more. Gather here with friends and family and enjoy our pool and other recreational facilities, including volleyball, croquet, horseshoes and shuffleboard. And ask us about special events and activities (like free breakfasts and ice cream socials) for an extra taste of Smucker family hospitality.
We’re two miles from the quaint village of Bird-in-Hand and our convenient location puts you just minutes away from a farm-to-fork meal at our own Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord or the homemade specialties of our Bakery & Cafe.
Country Acres Guidelines
Guidelines for our Guests at Country Acres Campground
We understand that it takes more to make great camping memories than just having the right hook-ups. Country Acres Campground near Intercourse, PA offers clean, spacious sites in a scenic location and lots of conveniences. We also go out of our way to make sure that our Guests have a quality camping experience every time. We ask that you be considerate of others and follow a few guidelines:
- Speed limit is 10 mph throughout the campground.
- Park on gravel whenever possible.
- Quiet time is from 10 pm – 8 am.
- Visitors are required to register at the office.
- Day Guest fee:
$3/child ages 4–17
- Parents are responsible for children; minors/children may not be left at campground unsupervised
- Please do not walk through occupied sites.
- At the swimming pool, an adult must supervise children under 15.
- Follow our pet policy (see below).
- Put garbage in plastic bags and place in dumpster across from office.
- Alcoholic beverages must be kept on your site and handled properly.
- Pennsylvania law prohibits discharging wastewater onto the ground. Please do not wash vehicles.
- No drones allowed.
- Check-in time is 2:30 pm.
- Check-out time is 2 pm for sites.
- Site rental is one unit and one vehicle.
- No tents on rig sites
- No refunds for inclement weather or early departures
- Check-in time is 2:30 pm.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am.
- Smoking is not permitted in cabins.
- Pets are not permitted on cabin sites.
Fire & fire safety
- Build fires in fire rings only.
- Please do not move fire rings.
- Use only firewood brought with you (remove nails) or purchased at our store.
- Protect our woodlands. Do not bring firewood from outside Pennsylvania.**
NOTICE: The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture prohibits movement of all species of firewood into the state. They issued this quarantine due to the threat of various wood-feeding insects, including Emerald Ash Borer, Asian Longhorned Beetle, Sirex Wood Wasp and bark beetles that are considered threats to Pennsylvania’s forest, horticultural and recreational resources.
Your well-behaved pets are welcome at Country Acres Campground. We offer a fenced-in dog run where your dogs can be off the leash and enjoy the great outdoors. Please be considerate of your neighbors and observe the following:
- Keep pets on a controlled leash at all times unless you’re in the dog run area. No electronic leashes.
- Do not allow dogs to bark and annoy others.
- Do not leave pets outside unattended.
- Pets are not permitted in any buildings, playgrounds or pool area.
- Pick up all droppings immediately and dispose of them properly. Pick-up bags are posted throughout the campground for your convenience.
- Guests who do not follow the pet policy will be charged $25 for clean up and asked to leave without a refund.
- Please keep pets off of picnic tables.
- No pets on cabin sites please.
Frequently Asked Questions
Guests can also enjoy cable TV hook-ups in many sites, free Wi-Fi throughout the campground, discounted tickets to Bird-in-Hand Stage shows, and a free scenic two-hour tour of Amish farmlands (exclusively for our lodging guests) Monday – Saturday – Bus boards off-site at the Family Inn
Country Acres Campground offers shaded and open RV sites, spacious sites for big rigs (including some pull-through sites), separate primitive tenting and pop-up camping area, and cozy log cabins.
Yes. They also cannot be unattended. We supply pick-up bags throughout the property, and provide a fenced-off dog run to play with your pet off-leash.