Upcoming Events & Things To Do
Upcoming Events & Things To DoSwipe Here to Scroll
So Much To See, So Much To Do
Every sunrise over the gentle hills of the surrounding farmlands brings a day full of possibility. If you’re looking for events and things to do in Lancaster County, our Bird-in-Hand family of properties offer the perfect place to stay close to everything you want to do. As our Guest, you’re invited to get to know the side of Amish Country we call home, with a complimentary tour of back roads and farmlands. Enjoy a memorable ice cream social with the Smucker family. Test your stamina or cheer on the runners in the Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon. Take a hot air balloon ride or tour The Amish Village. Nearby you’ll find farmers markets, quilt shops and boutiques, as well as outlet stores, Sight & Sound Theatres, Hersheypark, Dutch Wonderland, the Strasburg Railroad and more. If you want to know more about events and attractions, explore our website or ask our knowledgeable staff for recommendations.
- Country Acres LayoutX
Country Acres Layout
Country Acres AmenitiesSwipe Here to Scroll
Create Great Camping Memories… and More
Country Acres Campground is clean and close to everything
Country Acres Campground is part of the Bird-in-Hand family of properties in the heart of Lancaster County’s Amish farmlands. The Smucker family invites you to enjoy the great outdoors while you get to know our village and the surrounding area, taste the farm-fresh goodness of its bounty and experience the tradition of hospitality and good food that we have passed down from generation to generation.
Country Acres Campground offers a wide range of conveniences and recreational facilities on our property and easy access to your favorite Lancaster County attractions. We are open from March through November for stays of up to 14 days. We offer:
- Spacious sites for big rigs, including some pull-through sites
- Shaded and open RV sites
- Separate primitive tenting and pop-up area
- Cozy log cabins
- Cable TV hook-ups in many sites
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the campground
- Full-hookup sites available; 50-amp and 30-amp options
- Recreation field and playground
- Pool with beach-style access
- Clean bathhouses with hot showers
- Coin-operated laundry
- Camp store with camping supplies, essentials and keepsakes
- Fenced-in dog run where your dogs can be off the leash and enjoy the great outdoors
- Complimentary scenic two-hour tour of Amish farmlands
- Discounted tickets to Bird-in-Hand Stage shows
If you’re in the area and need camping supplies, visit Leacock Coleman Center.
Country Acres GuidelinesSwipe Here to Scroll
How to Have a Great Camping Vacation
Guidelines for our Guests at Country Acres Campground
We understand that it takes more to make great camping memories than just having the right hook-ups. Country Acres Campground offers clean, spacious sites in a scenic location and lots of conveniences. We also go out of our way to make sure that our Guests have a quality camping experience every time. We ask that you be considerate of others and follow a few guidelines:
- Speed limit is 10 mph throughout the campground.
- Park on gravel whenever possible.
- Quiet time is from 10 pm – 8 am.
- Visitors are required to register at the office.
- Day Guest fee:
- $2/child ages 4–17
- Parents are responsible for children.
- Please do not walk through occupied sites.
- At the swimming pool, an adult must supervise children under 15.
- Follow our pet policy (see below).
- Put garbage in plastic bags and place in dumpster across from office.
- Alcoholic beverages must be kept on your site and handled properly.
- Pennsylvania law prohibits discharging wastewater onto the ground. Please do not wash vehicles.
- Check-in time is 2:30 pm.
- Check-out time is 2 pm for sites.
- Site rental is one unit and one vehicle.
- No tents on rig sites
- Check-in time is 2:30 pm.
- Check-out time is noon
- Smoking is not permitted in cabins.
- Pets are not permitted on cabin sites.
Fire & fire safety
- Build fires in fire rings only.
- Please do not move fire rings.
- Use only firewood brought with you (remove nails) or purchased at our store.
- Protect our woodlands. Do not bring firewood from outside Pennsylvania.**
NOTICE: The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture prohibits movement of all species of firewood into the state. They issued this quarantine due to the threat of various wood-feeding insects, including Emerald Ash Borer, Asian Longhorned Beetle, Sirex Wood Wasp and bark beetles that are considered threats to Pennsylvania’s forest, horticultural and recreational resources.
Your well-behaved pets are welcome at Country Acres. We offer a fenced-in dog run where your dogs can be off the leash and enjoy the great outdoors. Please be considerate of your neighbors and observe the following:
- Keep pets on a controlled leash at all times unless you’re in the dog run area. No electronic leashes.
- Do not allow dogs to bark and annoy others.
- Do not leave pets outside unattended.
- Pets are not permitted in any buildings, playgrounds or pool area.
- Pick up all droppings immediately and dispose of them properly. Pick-up bags are posted throughout the campground for your convenience.
- Guests who do not follow the pet policy will be charged $25 for clean up and asked to leave without a refund.
- Map & DirectionsX
Map & DirectionsSwipe Here to Scroll
Directions to Country Acres Campground
20 Leven Road, Gordonville, PA 17529
Country Acres Campground is located on Leven Road, just off Route 30 near Paradise, two miles from Bird-in-Hand. Use the map above for driving directions.
For a layout of the property, please click here.
- Packages & Special ExperiencesX
Packages & Special ExperiencesSome moments you’ll remember forever: eating barbecued chicken and steamed corn in the field where it was grown and harvested…. enjoying a private wine tasting for two and a romantic get-away at our historic country inn…. staying in our Schoolhouse Suite....going behind the scenes at an Amish farm during harvest time…. Not only will you make great memories and find lots of things to do in Bird-in-Hand, but you can save money, too.
View All Packages & Experiences >
Hot Air Balloon RidesAvailability: Amish Country MotelCountry Acres CampgroundFamily InnTravelers Rest MotelVillage Inn & Suites
Amish Farmland TourAvailability: Amish Country MotelCountry Acres CampgroundFamily InnTravelers Rest MotelVillage Inn & Suites
Breakfast with the SmuckersAvailability: Country Acres Campground
Amish History & BeliefsAvailability: Family InnOpen to All Lodging Guests
Smucker Ice Cream SocialsAvailability: Country Acres CampgroundFamily InnOpen to All Lodging GuestsTravelers Rest Motel
Cornfield BanquetAvailability: Amish Country MotelBakery & CafeCountry Acres CampgroundFamily InnOpen to All Lodging GuestsRestaurant & SmorgasbordTravelers Rest MotelVillage Inn & Suites
Please fill out our reservation request and we will contact you to confirm:
Experience the Peaceful Countryside
Celebrating 50 Years in 2017!
Feel the breeze on your face and the sun on your skin as you pull into your campsite at Country Acres Campground. Surrounded by farmlands, our wide-open, grassy spaces give you plenty of room to pitch your tent or park your rig and spread out to enjoy the beauty of the countryside. If you’re looking for campgrounds in Lancaster, PA, our kid-friendly, pet-friendly campground is the perfect choice – whether you want to explore regional attractions or just kick back and enjoy the outdoors.
Whether your idea of Amish country camping involves a motorhome or fifth-wheel trailer, pop-up tent or even a rustic cabin, you’ll be at home at Country Acres. With more than 18 acres, we’re large enough to offer generous sites for big rigs, but small enough to get to know you. Our friendly staff is committed to helping make your stay memorable. Our location just off Route 30 gives you easy access to outlet shopping, dining, entertainment and more. Situated in Paradise, we’re two miles from the quaint village of Bird-in-Hand, and our convenient location puts you just minutes away from a farm-to-fork meal at the Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord or the homemade specialties of the Bird-in-Hand Bakery & Cafe. As our Guest, you can enjoy a complimentary bus tour along the back roads of Amish country. Or gather here with friends and family and enjoy our pool and other recreational facilities, including volleyball, croquet, horseshoes and shuffleboard. And ask us about special events and activities, like free breakfasts and ice cream socials, for an extra taste of Smucker family hospitality.
For more information, please call (717) 687-8014 or toll-free (866) 675-4745, or request a reservation online.
“It was 2000 or 2001 and we were new to RVing. We had been to a couple of campgrounds that we weren’t happy with, then we found Country Acres. We were immediately taken with how well the place was run and how friendly the staff was. We just liked it so much. When they did the addition for the big rigs, we said, This is like home for us.”
— Linda & Bob Castner, New Ringgold, PA
Choose the Campsite that's Right for You
- Country Acres Layout