Your Safety & Comfort Come First
COVID-19 Updates & Precautions
Last updated: 1/6/2021
We always look forward to seeing you.
Whether you were last with us for a summer vacation or weekend get-away at one of our lodging properties or you stopped by for dinner on our restaurant porch or to grab breakfast from our cafe, we always look forward to welcoming you back – and we extend warm greetings to those we are meeting for the first time.
We also understand that you are making choices about when and where you travel, dine out and seek entertainment. The safety, health and wellbeing of our guests, our staff and the community are of primary importance to us. We want you to feel comfortable and confident about choosing Bird-in-Hand.
Safety precautions at all our properties include:
• Enhanced sanitation measures for our restaurant, bakery & cafe, all our lodging properties and our stage. These precautions include frequent cleaning and disinfecting common areas and high-touch surfaces.
• Hand sanitizer stations throughout the properties.
• Distancing: Requiring staff members to stay at least 6 feet from other people and asking guests to stay at least 6 feet from others not in their party.
• Masks: Requiring staff members to wear masks and guests to wear face coverings in common areas when not eating or drinking, unless they are under 2 years old or have a health condition that prevents them from doing so.
• No-contact and low-contact procedures for guest interactions
• Safety shields at all cash registers
For additional information on precautions at our food, lodging and entertainment properties, see below.
Please remember that health & safety are a shared responsibility. For the safety of our other guests and staff, if you are sick or have recently been in contact with someone who was sick, please postpone your visit for at least two weeks.
In addition to the safety precautions described above, many of our lodging properties offer motel-style outdoor access to your room, to reduce your need to travel through common areas.
• Country Acres Campground is closed for general camping.
Big rig sites and Deluxe Cabins available through December 20. Will reopen for the 2021 season March 18, 2021
• Travelers Rest Motel is closed for the season.
Will reopen February 11, 2021.
• Bird-in-Hand Family Inn is open with modified services. Through February 11, only Front Building rooms are available. The front desk will be open Sunday, 9 am – 4 pm, Mon-Thurs, 11 am – 4 pm and Fri-Sat, 9 am – 10 pm. Our pools are open 9 am – 8 pm with an attendant only Sunday – Thursday and Friday and Saturday evenings.
• Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites is closed for the season
Will reopen for weekends starting on February 11, and full-time starting March 1, 2021.
• Amish Country Motel is closed for the season.
Will reopen in March, 2021.
• The Amish Farmland Tour is available with limited seating capacity. Face coverings will be required when riding in the tour bus.
8:45 am Tour: Saturdays ONLY
11:00 am Tour: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday ONLY
Limited to only 7 people
Restaurant & Smorgasbord / Bakery & Cafe:
In addition to the safety precautions described above, we are limiting indoor seating to allow for distancing and we have placed distancing markers on the floor to remind guests to remain at least 6 feet from other guests. Also, we have established single-direction lanes at our buffets, and we change serving utensils regularly. We are requiring that guests wear masks and gloves when they visit the buffets, and we are providing gloves and glove-disposal containers for that purpose.
• Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord is closed and is scheduled to reopen February 4. You can pick up your favorite dishes and our homemade soups and more from the frozen food pantry at our Bakery & Cafe.
• The Bakery stand at New Eastern Market is currently open on Fridays.
• The Bakery stand at Roots Market is currently open on Tuesdays.
• The Bakery stand at Bird-in-Hand Market is currently open Wednesdays – Saturdays.
The Bird-in-Hand Online Store is open. Even when you can’t get out to shop, you can still enjoy your favorite treats delivered right to your door. Whether you are missing the taste of Lancaster County or know someone who might be cheered by a special treat, check out our selection of Grandma Smucker’s famous shoofly pie, PA Dutch whoopie pies, gourmet gift baskets or gift cards to use at a later time. Place orders here.
Our Bird-in-Hand Stage is closed for the season. In addition to the safety precautions described above, we are following guidelines on capacity and seating guests 6 feet apart. You’ll also be happy to know that our ventilation system draws in fresh air from outside.
Please see the links below for more details on our upcoming shows. To view our 2021 schedule, please click here.
Our 2021 season shows include:
• Josiah for President – March 30 – October 20, 2021
• Ryan & Friends: Comedy Calamity – April 2 – October 16, 2021
• The Christmas Tree Ship – October 28, 2021 – January 1, 2022
* For information about Pennsylvania’s Covid-19 restrictions and requirements for travelers, click here.
For Group reservations, changes or cancellations with our Group Sales Team, please e-mail GroupSales@Bird-in-Hand.com or call (717) 768-1110 and leave a message. Although we have limited staffing during this time, we will return your call or respond to your e-mail within 48 hours.
From our family to yours…
Our onsite staff is currently limited, but please call (717) 768-8271 with any questions. We will be happy to try to answer them and will respond as soon as possible.
Although we are taking precautions to help prevent the spread of disease, these measures do not guarantee that you will not be exposed to the novel coronavirus while visiting the premises.
We have faith that this will pass and that we will see you again soon. In the meantime, the Smucker Family and all the staff at Bird-in-Hand wish you good health.
The Smucker Family