Your Safety & Comfort Come First
COVID-19 Updates & Precautions
Last updated: 6/8/2021
We always look forward to seeing you.
Whether you were last with us for a summer vacation or weekend get-away at one of our lodging properties or you stopped by for dinner at our restaurant or to grab breakfast from our cafe, we always look forward to welcoming you back – and we extend warm greetings to those we are meeting for the first time.
We also understand that you are making choices about when and where you travel, dine out and seek entertainment. The safety, health and wellbeing of our guests, our staff and the community are of primary importance to us. We want you to feel comfortable and confident about choosing Bird-in-Hand.
Throughout the pandemic, we have followed guidance from our national and state health experts to provide a safe environment. Consistent with guidance from PA and the CDC, face coverings and social distancing for guests and staff who are fully vaccinated* are no longer required. Per CDC guidelines, all guests and staff who are not fully vaccinated should continue to take all precautions, including wearing face coverings. We will rely on our guests and staff to accurately follow guidelines based on their vaccination status.
Safety precautions at all our properties include:
• Enhanced sanitation measures for our restaurant, bakery & cafe, all our lodging properties and our stage. These precautions include frequent cleaning and disinfecting common areas and high-touch surfaces.
• Hand sanitizer stations throughout the properties.
• Safety shields at all cash registers
• Masks and social distancing for guests and staff who are fully vaccinated* will no longer be required, however, they are free to continue to wear masks if they choose to do so. For everyone’s continued protection, all guests and staff who are not fully vaccinated must wear face coverings except while eating or drinking. We will rely on our guests and staff to accurately follow guidelines based on their vaccination status.
*People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose vaccine series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
For information about Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 restrictions and requirements for travelers, click here.
For additional information on precautions at our food, lodging and entertainment properties, see below.
Please remember that health & safety are a shared responsibility. For the safety of our other guests and staff, if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, please postpone your visit.
In addition to the safety precautions described above, many of our lodging properties offer motel-style outdoor access to your room, to reduce your need to travel through common areas.
All lodging properties are fully open.
Bird-in-Hand Family Inn
The Front Desk will be open every day, 7 am – 10 pm
Our pools and hot tub are open every day 9 am – 10 pm, weather permitting
Face coverings are required on The Amish Farmland Tour when riding in the tour bus for unvaccinated guests.
Restaurant & Smorgasbord / Bakery & Cafe:
In addition to the safety precautions described above, we have established single-direction lanes at our buffets and we change serving utensils regularly. We are requiring that guests wear gloves when they visit the buffets, and we are providing gloves and glove-disposal containers for that purpose. Guests who are fully vaccinated will not be required to wear masks at the buffet, however, all guests who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear face coverings per CDC guidance.
• Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord is currently open Tuesday, 7 am – 3 pm and Wednesday – Saturday, 7 am – 7 pm
Click here to view the Restaurant menu.
• The Bakery & Cafe is open Monday-Saturday, 6 am – 5:30 pm.
Made-to-order cafe items available Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 3:00 pm and Saturday, 6:00 am – 5:30 pm
(ice cream, donuts and beverages available all day).
• The Bakery stands are now open:
• Roots Market – Tuesdays
• Bird-in-Hand Market – Wednesdays – Saturdays
• New Eastern Market – Fridays
Even when you can’t get out to shop, you can still enjoy your favorite treats delivered right to your door from the Bird-in-Hand Online Store. Whether you are missing the taste of Lancaster County or know someone who might be cheered by a special treat, check out our selection of Grandma Smucker’s famous shoofly pie, PA Dutch whoopie pies, gourmet gift baskets or gift cards to use at a later time. Place orders here.
Our Bird-in-Hand Stage is open for the season. Guests who are fully vaccinated will not be required to wear masks in the theatre, however, all guests who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear face coverings per CDC guidance. In addition to the safety precautions described above, our ventilation system draws in fresh air from outside.
Please see the links below for more details on our upcoming shows. To view our 2021 schedule, please click here.
Our 2021 season shows include:
• Ryan & Friends: Comedy Calamity – through October 16, 2021
• The Best of Me – July 13 – October 20, 2021
• The Christmas Tree Ship – October 28, 2021 – January 1, 2022
From our family to yours…
We will continue to closely monitor local, state and federal developments and adapt our policies as conditions evolve. Please call (717) 768-8271 with any questions and we will be happy to answer them.
Although we are taking precautions to help prevent the spread of disease, these measures do not guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 while visiting the premises.
The Smucker Family and all the staff at Bird-in-Hand wish you good health.