Your Safety & Comfort Come First
COVID-19 Updates & Precautions
Last updated: 7/21/20
We always look forward to seeing you.
Whether you were last with us for a summer vacation or weekend get-away at one of our lodging properties or you stopped by last night for dinner on our restaurant porch or this morning to grab breakfast from our cafe’s walk-up window, we always look forward to welcoming you back – and we extend warm greetings to those we are meeting for the first time.
We also understand that you are making choices about when and where you travel, dine out and seek entertainment. The safety, health and wellbeing of our guests, our staff and the community are of primary importance to us. We want you to feel comfortable and confident about choosing Bird-in-Hand.
Safety precautions at all our properties include:
• Enhanced sanitation measures for our restaurant, bakery & cafe, all our lodging properties and our stage. These precautions include frequent cleaning and disinfecting common areas and high-touch surfaces.
• Hand sanitizer stations throughout the properties.
• Distancing: Requiring staff members to stay at least 6 feet from other people and asking guests to stay at least 6 feet from others not in their party.
• Masks: Requiring staff members to wear masks and guests to wear face coverings in common areas when not eating or drinking, unless they are under 2 years old or have a health condition that prevents them from doing so.
• No-contact and low-contact procedures for guest interactions
• Safety shields at all cash registers
For additional information on precautions at our food, lodging and entertainment properties, see below.
Please remember that health & safety are a shared responsibility. For the safety of our other guests and staff, if you are sick or have recently been in contact with someone who was sick, please postpone your visit for at least two weeks.
In addition to the safety precautions described above, many of our lodging properties offer motel-style outdoor access to your room, to reduce your need to travel through common areas.
• Country Acres Campground is open with full services.
• Travelers Rest Motel is open with full services including our deluxe continental breakfast with homemade baked goods, hot selections and more, with limited indoor and outdoor seating.
• Bird-in-Hand Family Inn is open with full services. The arcade and fitness room are closed. All other amenities are available.
• Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites is open with full services including our deluxe continental breakfast with homemade baked goods, hot selections and more, with indoor seating available.
• Amish Country Motel is open with full services.
• The Amish Farmland Tour is available with limited seating capacity. Face coverings will be required when riding in the tour bus.
Restaurant & Smorgasbord / Bakery & Cafe:
In addition to the safety precautions described above, we are limiting seating in our indoor dining areas to 50 percent of capacity to allow for distancing, in addition, we have placed distancing markers on the floor to remind guests to remain at least 6 feet from other guests.
• Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord is open Tuesday-Saturday, 7 am – 7 pm. Limited seating is available in our main dining room and outdoors on our east porch. We continue to offer drive-thru take-out.
To see our menu or to order take-out, click here or call (717) 768-1500.
Our breakfast buffet is open and our lunch/dinner buffet is open as of July 24. The Kids’ Buffet remains closed, and we are not currently offering our carving stations.
To support distancing, we have established single-direction lanes at our buffets, and we change serving utensils regularly. We are requiring that guests wear masks and gloves when they visit the buffets, and we are providing gloves and glove-disposal containers for that purpose.
• The Bakery & Cafe offers take-out and limited indoor and outdoor seating from Monday-Saturday, 6 am – 5 pm. Click here to view the menu. You can also order your favorite baked goods, gift cards and other items from our online store.
• The Bakery stand at New Eastern Market is currently open on Fridays.
• The Bakery stand at Roots Market is currently open on Tuesdays.
• The Bakery stand at Bird-in-Hand Market is currently open Wednesdays – Saturdays.
The Bird-in-Hand Online Store is open. Even when you can’t get out to shop, you can still enjoy your favorite treats delivered right to your door. Whether you are missing the taste of Lancaster County or know someone who might be cheered by a special treat, check out our selection of Grandma Smucker’s famous shoofly pie, PA Dutch whoopie pies, gourmet gift baskets or gift cards to use at a later time. Place orders here.
We are excited to announce that our Bird-in-Hand Stage is open. In addition to the safety precautions described above, we are limiting ticket sales to 50 percent of capacity, per guidelines, and have adjusted seating to space guests 6 feet apart. You’ll also be happy to know that our ventilation system draws in fresh air from outside.
We have canceled some of our scheduled 2020 shows and postponed the opening dates of many others. See the links below for more details. If you have a reservation between now and your show’s opening date, it has been canceled and a credit will be applied to a future reservation.
Bird-in-Hand Stage shows will open as follows:
For Group reservations, changes or cancellations with our Group Sales Team, please e-mail GroupSales@Bird-in-Hand.com or call (717) 768-1110 and leave a message. Although we have limited staffing during this time, we will return your call or respond to your e-mail within 48 hours.
From our family to yours…
Our onsite staff is currently limited, but please call (717) 768-8271 with any questions. We will be happy to try to answer them and will respond as soon as possible.
Although we are taking precautions to help prevent the spread of disease, these measures do not guarantee that you will not be exposed to the novel coronavirus while visiting the premises.
We have faith that this will pass and that we will see you again soon. In the meantime, the Smucker Family and all the staff at Bird-in-Hand wish you good health.
The Smucker Family