Take It All In
So Much To See, So Much To Do
Every sunrise over the gentle hills of the surrounding farmlands brings a day full of possibility. If you’re looking for events and things to do in Lancaster County, our Bird-in-Hand family of properties offer the perfect place to stay close to everything you want to do. As our Guest, you’re invited to get to know the side of Amish Country we call home, with a complimentary tour of back roads and farmlands. Enjoy a memorable ice cream social with the Smucker family. Test your stamina or cheer on the runners in the Bird-in-Hand Half Marathon. Take a hot air balloon ride or tour The Amish Village. Nearby, you’ll find farmers markets, quilt shops and boutiques, as well as outlet stores, Sight & Sound Theatres, Hersheypark, Dutch Wonderland, the Strasburg Railroad, and more. If you want to know more about events and attractions, explore our website or ask our knowledgeable staff for recommendations.
For a list of places to dine, shop and stay, plus special events and things to do during your visit, check out the Bird-in-Hand Village Map & Guide
- This event has passed.
Enjoy the festivities while you shop an eclectic mix of home furnishings and décor, artwork, clothing and accessories, jewelry and more—all made locally—at our Bird-in-Hand Artisan Village, Lancaster County’s newest shopping destination.
Make a day of it! Watch our talented local artisans at work while you browse a carefully curated collection of high-quality merchandise. We’ll have live entertainment and special Bird-in-Hand coupons. You can purchase food onsite or dine at our nearby Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord and next door at our Bird-in-Hand Bakery & Cafe—and you could win one of many great prizes and giveaways.
Free parking is available onsite, behind the building. Our vendor Flowers by Patunya will offer fresh and silk flowers for sale in front of the building on both days (cash only).
Friday, May 19 • Noon–6 p.m.
Noon–4 p.m. Abigail’s Duo will perform a varied mix of music drawing from Celtic and gypsy tunes and pop, to classical works, waltzes and original songs on fiddle, ukulele and cello. The two sisters, Tish Brown and Laurie Haines Reese, captivate audiences everywhere with their beautiful harmonies.
4 p.m.–6 p.m. Christy and Lavern from Summer on Duke will entertain with Scottish, Irish and other traditional tunes on the guitar and violin.
- 10 a.m.–noon Colored pencil art by Bruce Garrabrandt
- Noon–2 p.m. Dance of Life ceramic oil lamps by Karen Sensenig
- 2 p.m.–4 p.m. Leatherwork by Urban Southern
- 4 p.m.–6 p.m. Candle and soap making by Welsh Mountain
Enter to win giveaways at these select vendor spaces!
- Art by Bruce—“Yarnivore: A Purrsonal Look At The Life Of Cats” book
- Bead Mine Forever—Fused glass bird pendant
- BGC Home—Set of four homespun placemats or napkins
- Cloverfields Bags—Fabric handbag and matching accessory
- Crafted & Chosen Jewelry—Coil bangle bracelet
- Flowers & Decorations by Patunya—Floral “Welcome” sign
- Heart and Hands Crochet—Kitchen set with trivet, towel holder and more
- Logie & Co.—ASL “I Love You” sign and cork air freshner
- Scroll Sawing by Jim—Large scroll-saw Christmas tree ornament
- Timber Made Design Co.—Charcuterie board
- Welsh Mountain —Gift basket
- YellowSeventeen—Gourd birdhouse
Saturday, May 20 • 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
First 50 guests receive a free goodie bag!
9 a.m.–1 p.m. Cass Jendzurski is a talented harpist with a highly acclaimed, professionally trained voice, which she combines in a way that many describe as the music of angels—and not to be missed.
- 9 a.m.–11 a.m. Fabric handbags by Cloverfields Bags
- 11 a.m.–1 p.m. Teas and honey by Pureblend Tea and YellowSeventeen
Kettle Express will offer kettle corn and Dough Heads Waffles will offer stuffed waffle pockets for purchase at the Artisan Village.
Can’t make the celebration? Bird-in-Hand Artisan Village is open:
- Monday–Thursday 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Friday–Saturday 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.