When will my order be shipped?
- We ship on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
- We are unable to ship out orders on several holidays including New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. There are a few holidays, such as Columbus Day, where we may have limited or delayed shipping due to a carrier not delivering on that particular day.
- Holiday season ordering deadlines will be posted to the online store in early October.
- Often, we can process and ship orders on the next shipping day after they are placed. However, if we are experiencing a high volume of orders, it could take 2-3 business days for your order to be shipped. If you need an order shipped by a certain day or time, please email email@example.com or call us at 717-768-1501 to ask about RUSH shipping options. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Due to the New Year holiday, orders placed through January 1, 2019 will be shipped January 2, 2019
What is the best shipping method to select?
- Our most frequently-used methods to ship are USPS Priority (nationwide) or UPS Ground (East Coast only). Orders shipped by these services generally take 2-3 days for delivery once they leave our bakery. However, while we have generally found these methods reliable, THIS TIMEFRAME IS NOT GUARANTEED. We unfortunately cannot refund/replace items that are delayed due to inclement weather, Holidays, or other shipping carrier delays outside of our control. We can provide GUARANTEED delivery if you select one of our express options – UPS 3-Day Select, UPS 2nd Day Air, or UPS Overnight Delivery.
- We cannot ship perishable items (baked items) via UPS Ground to any states West of the Mississippi River, or to the State of Mississippi. Please select USPS Priority or one of the express UPS options if you are ordering from these areas.
- We are currently unable to ship to Hawaii, Alaska, or overseas.
- Due to the perishable nature of our items, we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
- If you would like to ship an order to a college or hospital, please contact the location in advance to get the proper address to use for parcel shipments and arrange for the recipient to collect the package shortly after delivery.
How do I track my order?
- Once your order is processed for shipment, you will receive the tracking information by e-mail. Track your shipment by clicking on the tracking number listed in the e-mail.
What if my order is incorrect, damaged, or missing?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your order is incorrect, damaged, or missing. If damage is visible, please include pictures of damaged packaging and items (if possible).
- We cannot be held responsible for missing or returned shipments caused by address error or by the inability of a recipient to accept the shipment upon its delivery. We ask that you please enter the recipient address carefully and make arrangements for it to be accepted accordingly.
- If a non-food item is damaged, and the carrier is not at fault, please save all packaging and email email@example.com for return instructions.
- If damage was caused by the shipping carrier (UPS or USPS), please contact the carrier directly.
- If an order’s tracking information indicates that the package was delivered, and the recipient has not received it, please contact the carrier directly (UPS, USPS).
- If the order is incorrect, or in the unlikely event that a food item is mispackaged or spoiled/stale, please contact us and we will send a replacement or refund accordingly.
Will my items arrive fresh?
- All items offered in the online store have been tested to ensure that they remain bakery shop fresh for the 3-5 days often required for shipping. Many of our online store items are baked fresh to order on the day that they are shipped.
- All of our baked items (such as whoopie pies and shoofly pies) can be frozen to preserve freshness! We recommend that you freeze any baked items that will not be eaten within 1-2 days after their arrival. We suggest wrapping items in aluminum foil before freezing. The items will remain fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Do your items include nuts, dairy, eggs, or other allergens?
- While some of our baked goods do not contain allergen ingredients, all of our items are prepared in a facility that uses nuts, dairy, eggs, gluten, etc. Please contact us by email or phone for ingredient details.
I bought a delicious item in your bakery store during a visit. Can I have it shipped?
- Yes, if the item is available in our online store. The only items available for shipment are those listed in our online store because they have been tested to ship, so we know that they are able to endure the journey from our door to yours and arrive bakery-shop fresh!
Do you ship Corporate Gifts or other Large Orders?
- Yes! Do you need Christmas gifts for your client list or want to provide our baked goods at your next big event? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (717) 768-1528 to get more information about Corporate Gift or Bulk Order options.
Are there any seasonal specialties or discounts?
- Yes! Check back frequently to see new items, seasonal items or specials. You can also get updates by following us on Facebook or by signing up for e-mail updates.
Where can I use my Bird-in-Hand gift card?
- Gift cards can be used at any of our on-site Bird-in-Hand locations, including the Bird-in-Hand Bakery & Cafe, Bird-in-Hand Restaurant & Smorgasbord, Bird-in-Hand Stage, and any of our Lancaster County lodging locations. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to accept gift card payments on our online store.
What if I have more questions or suggestions?
Please contact us at email@example.com or call our retail store at (717) 768-1501.